We are looking for leader of a director level (2nd highest tier in SMASH) for the Marketing team. This is a voluntary, unpaid position. However it will allow you to experience the full scale of marketing planning and long-term branding as the client representative. Leading the marketing team, you will deliver on all external communications on behalf of SMASH to the general public through aspects of traditional media (TV, Radio, Print), Digital media (Social media, advertising) and public relations via external agencies. You will manage the team and the budget to decisively deliver expectations on time.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well spoken, highly organised and a team leader, with a passion for invigorating and improving the marketing performance of SMASH, with previous marketing experience, as well as a strong motivation to contribute to the community.
• Working closely with the Management team which consists of leaders from the other departments of SMASH, and the Executive team, you will present and deliver at a high level the objectives set by SMASH throughout the convention year.
• Manage a team to a size that you are comfortable with, and manage their tasks and performance so that objectives are met
• Coordinating with other departments to successfully communicate contents of SMASH and deliver on marketing commitments to our sponsors
• Set up processes to streamline requirements so to reduce bureaucracy between directors and ensure the marketing team can operate smoothly
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Motivation to lead a volunteer team. Like yourself, all persons around you are volunteers, and motivation to advance tasks on an appropriate timeline to meet goals is essential.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good listening skills to understand the requirements presented and able to question processes in an effort to improve.
• Excellent planning and time management skills.
• Good initiative and ability to work under pressure especially during peak season of June to August
• Studying or working within a marketing degree/role
• Knowledge of industry players and various publications
• Have a good understanding of social trends in media, digital or traditional
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone) i.e. daily email updates
• Motivation to initiate tasks with the team and availability for frequent department and management meetings
• Available to attend the main event in August 19th and 20th and set up day 18th August
Please provide your resume that best describes you and your future self
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!