The Marketing department is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our SMASH! family! The ideal candidate is reliable and organised, knowledgeable about Social Media at a higher level, demonstrates initiative and has exceptional communication and presentation skills whether you work independently or as a team. (!) Please note that SMASH! Is a volunteer run organisation and as such, this is not a paid role. Please consider this before proceeding with your application.
• Constant maintenance and updating of the social media accounts
• Be a part of such activities including contributing in SMASH! Forums, poster drives and interacting at the ticket booth on the days
• Creating relevant content for SMASH! events and news
• Provide suggestions on paid advertising strategies via social media
• Acutely manage any social media issues arising within SMASH’s jurisdiction including group pages, event pages and comments
• Ability to make a keen selection of photo’s required for posts
• Verify accuracy of content with the relevant parties
• Social Media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic Formatting skills (Wordpress/HTML/CSS)
• Knowledge on Social Media and copywriting
• High level English skills
• Engaging with Social Media on a very regular basis
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone)
• Flexible with schedule from May through to September for regular meetings, online or otherwise, especially on weekends.
• Available to attend the main event.