SMASH! Marketing is looking for a new Head of Written Media who will work hand in hand with the Marketing Director the rest of the Marketing coordinators. As the Head of Written Media you will be communicating messages to key stakeholders, assist in delivering SMASH!’s marketing strategies and managing the creation of well written copy that adheres to the brand. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong competency in oral and written communication skills, has well-developed interpersonal skills, potent capacity for problem solving and is able to perform well under pressure.
The Head of Written Media's core responsibilities include:
Communicating messages to key stakeholders
- Managing social media, written media and creative media units to ensure messages are delivered appropriately.
- Managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention
Helping deliver SMASH!’s Marketing Strategy
- Managing all the written marketing mediums to deliver Marketing Campaigns
Managing the creation of well written copy that adheres to the brand
- Assisting the Marketing Director in developing brand guidelines for the copy
- Ensuring all copy is written consistently by copywriters (specialists and otherwise)
- Managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention through announcements and social media
- Ensuring the production of copy for social media, programming booklet, website is created and consistent.
To be considered for the role, you must
- High Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
- Customer service experience
- Familiarity with anime and manga consumers and culture
- Organizational ability
- Creativity and content creation
- Leadership skills
- Currently studying either creative writing or marketing
- Experience in creating engaging content for consumers
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"