SMASH! Marketing is looking for a new Website Content Creator to work hand in hand with the Marketing Director, Head of Written Media and other marketing coordinators. As the Website Content Creator you will be responsible for managing the website delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention and creating content/messages for website pages to communicate key messages (as determined by Marketing Director and Head of Written Media). The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong competency in oral and written communication skills, has well-developed interpersonal skills and is able to perform well under pressure.
The Website Content Creator's core responsibilities include:
Communicating messages to key stakeholders
- Creating content and messages for website pages to communicate key messages (as determined by Marketing Director and Written Media coordinator).
- Creating engaging and new content.
Managing the website delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention
- Helping deliver SMASH!’s Marketing Strategy
- Posting engaging and creative content through the website
- Content management of the website
- Ensuring that the website content is posted in a timely manner to allow coordination with social media.
Managing the creation of well written copy that adheres to the brand
- Ensuring all copy is written consistently
- Creating and choosing appropriate images and content to match copy written
- Managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention through announcements and social media
To be considered for the role, you must
- High Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
- Familiarity with anime and manga consumers and culture
- Basic experience in a website content management system (e.g wordpress, tumblr, drupal)
- Creativity and content creation
- Currently studying either creative writing or marketing
- Experience in creating engaging content for consumers
- Experience in following copy guidelines
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"