SMASH! Marketing is looking for a new Head of Advertising to work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Director and coordinators. As the Head of Advertising you will be responsible for delivering marketing campaigns through a variety of paid mediums and external stakeholder mediums and managing PR, Traditional advertising, Digital advertising and other units to ensure that advertising space is utilized correctly for maximum outreach. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong competency in oral and written communication skills, has well-developed interpersonal skills, potent capacity for problem solving and is able to perform well under pressure.
The Head of Written Advertising's core responsibilities include:
Coordinating SMASH! paid forms of advertisement
- Managing PR, Traditional Advertising, Digital Advertising and other units to ensure that advertising space is purchased and utilized correctly for maximum outreach.
- Networking and liaising with various stakeholders to ensure greater advertising presence and outreach
Delivering SMASH!’s Marketing Strategy
- Ensuring posters are printed
- Ensuring that any external agencies are hired to good terms.
- Delivering marketing campaigns through a variety of paid mediums and external stakeholder mediums.
Implementing Marketing Strategies
- Continual analysis of current market trends
- Guiding day to day activities
- Ensuring target objectives and goals are met
- Measuring performance of paid advertisements in comparison to previous years
To be considered for the role, you must
- Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
- Familiarity with anime and manga consumers and culture
- Organizational ability
- Negotiation skills & Leadership skills
- Currently studying business or marketing
- Experience in liaising with external stakeholders to meet organisational goals
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"