SMASH! Marketing is looking for a new Marketing Director who will draw on their leadership experiences in their duty as the head of the marketing department. You will take charge and full responsibility of all marketing related operations within SMASH! Additionally, you will need to be available for the role throughout the year, including pre, during and post convention time periods.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well spoken, highly organised and a team leader, with a passion for invigorating and improving the marketing performance of SMASH, with previous marketing experience, as well as a strong motivation to contribute to the community.
As a Marketing Director you will be expected to:
Communicating messages to key stakeholders
- Managing social media, written media and creative media units to ensure messages are delivered appropriately.
- Managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention
- Manage and support a large team, track performance within the department so that key objectives are met
Delivering SMASH!’s Marketing Strategy
- Planning and tracking marketing campaigns and strategies and exploring new ideas and opportunities.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns that is aligned with the objectives and values of the organisation
- Explore new ideas and opportunities for the marketing department
Implementing Marketing Strategies
- Continual analysis and research of current market trends
- Guiding day to day activities, OTD (on-the-day) activities
- Ensuring target objectives and goals are met
To be considered for the role, you must
- Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
- Familiarity with anime and manga consumers and culture
- Organizational ability
- Creativity and content creation
- Strong leadership skills with the the ability to motivate a team
- A good understanding of current market trends
- A strong understanding of marketing concepts
- Willingness to learn and passion for marketing communications
- A positive attitude and willingness to ask questions when in doubt
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to engage with all levels of people, both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and resource management skills
** Desirable** - Event management experience - Qualifications and experience within a marketing related degree or role will be highly regarded - Experience in presenting campaigns to key stakeholders - Knowledge of industry players and various publications - Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential. - Have a good understanding of social trends in digital and traditional media
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"