We are looking for four Account Coordinators to join the Exhibitors and Sponsors Department of the SMASH! Family. Account Coordinators are primarily responsible for approaching businesses to negotiate for exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at SMASH!, as well as liaising with the exhibitors and artists of SMASH! all year round.
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated and self-sufficient, have previous sales or event management experience and has strong well rounded professional and interpersonal communication skills.
• Approaching new businesses to promote exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities at SMASH!
• Liaise with businesses to negotiate and maintain long business partnerships through regular updates and customer services leading up to, during and after the convention.
• Perform administrative matters in a diligent manner including but not limited to processing online applications and issuing invoices, maintaining verbal and written updates of interactions with clients for supervisors, drafting up details of agreements, answering queries via email, and providing exhibitors with regular written updates.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Interest and knowledge of a wide range of past and present, local and international Anime releases
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional and personal
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a dynamic team environment
• Attention to detail
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone)
• Flexible with schedule from February - September for regular fortnightly meetings/workshops online or otherwise, especially on weekends.
• Available on the SMASH! Weekend to attend the main event.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. There are also many opportunities to be promoted within the organisation.
We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!