We are looking for a Website Coordinator to join the Marketing Department of the SMASH! Family. The Website Coordinators will be responsible for maintaining the SMASH! website that is accessible and suitable to purpose.
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, has strong well rounded professional and interpersonal communication skills and also has intermediate formatting skills and some website programming knowledge.
• Developing the SMASH! website, newsletters and blog
• Copywriting for all SMASH! marketing needs
• Constant maintenance, proof reading, editing and creation of content
• Ensuring the accessibility, relevant and user friendly nature of the SMASH! website.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Intermediate formatting skills with website content management frameworks.
• Website programming knowledge (Familiarity with some or all of the following: HTML, CSS, PHP, MYSQL)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills both professional and interpersonal
• Strong copywriting skills with a very keen eye for detail
• Strong time management and planning skills and ability to work under pressure
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone) i.e. daily email updates
• Flexible with schedule from February - September for regular fortnightly meetings/workshops online or otherwise, especially on weekends.
• Available on the 18th,19th and 20th of August to attend the main event.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH! If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!