We are looking for Analysts for our emerging Statistics and Demographics department within SMASH!. The department is designed to perform research, analyse data and compile reports for the benefit of the convention. Analysts form the basis of the Statistics and Demographics unit where they will be required to perform a variety of duties, primarily research, data collection and report compilation. Your work will make valuable contributions to and allow us to make informed decisions about the convention.
Ideal candidates would be highly motivated, statically inclined, independent and is able to work under pressure while disseminating large amounts of information and data.
• Survey creation and analysis of results.
• Data gathering and research from a variety of sources.
• Data analysis, interpretation and report compilation of findings.
• Development of statistical data resources
• Constant improvement of methodology and data collection practices
• OTDs data gathering.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to collect, organize and disseminate large amounts of information
• Knowledge of statistics and research methodology
• Knowledge of data collection practices.
• Initiative and time management skills.
• Accurate attention to detail
• Experience in analysing large datasets
• High level of fluency in written English.
• Currently studying or have studied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics or related degree.
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone) i.e. daily email updates
• Flexible with schedule from February - September for regular meetings online and face to face, usually on weekends.
• Available to attend the main event in August.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2016, apply now!