We are looking for Event Videographers to join the Visual Media team of the SMASH! family. Our videographers are responsible for producing high-quality footage for our digital marketing channels, primarily working at the main event in August, as well as at affiliated events. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well spoken, highly organised and a team player, with a strong passion for cinematography and filmmaking.
Please note that this is a voluntary, unpaid position.
• Working independently to film the activities and people at the main SMASH! weekend in August and at other affiliated events.
• Coordinating with the Videography and general Visual Media team to ensure comprehensive coverage of the many events, spaces and activities at SMASH!
• Curating, editing, organising and delivering your final footage to the Videography Coordinator
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Passion for visual storytelling and cinematography, with a working knowledge and previous experience of the production process
• Previous examples of your best work in a showreel, uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo
• Proficiency with your own DSLR camera gear, including accessories such as a tripod, slider, glidecam or shoulder rig
• Proficiency with video production software, e.g. Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Confident and engaging customer service skills
• Positive attitude and ability to work with others toward similar goals
• Good time management and ability to work under pressure
• Studying film or media, with a working knowledge of the production process
• Have your own USB3 1tb+ portable HDD and laptop
• Familiarity with general convention etiquette
• Able to attend external events affiliated with SMASH!
• Have own transportation
To be considered for this role you must be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone) i.e. responding to emails within 24hrs
• Available to attend the main two-day event in August.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit volunteer organisation and means that it is voluntary and unpaid, with the majority of work being at the event itself or take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!
If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!