SMASH! has always valued not only being an entertaining convention but also a great looking one. This is where the design team gets to work! We are looking for Graphic Design Assistants to support our Design Department. This role will allow you to start using your creative skills, while gaining hands-on experience with a large scale event. Suited to people new to the graphic design industry, looking for real world experience. The role would take a couple of hours a week or you may only be called upon from time to time in the lead up to our convention in August depending on your availability.
Volunteering as part of the design team means you will be responsible for creating a range of promotional and on the day material for SMASH! This can range from social media posts, posters, in house documents, print adverts, signage and more. As Assistant Graphic Designer, you will report to and support the Graphic Designers of Smash!
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to act professionally and liaise with other staff members
- Think creatively but able to work within style guides
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Have a good understanding of the design process with high level proficiency and use of Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop).
- Work to set deadlines
- Experience with print design
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level illustration skills
- Experience with online/onscreen design
When applying please attach a portfolio or link to online examples of your work and indicate areas you have experience or interest in.
NOTE: Smash! is a volunteer organisation and as such the position you are applying for is unpaid