SMASH! IT is looking for a new Software Developer. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for writing web-based and client-based application software, ensuring the IT systems and SMASH! site are fully functional, bug free and easy to navigate behind-the-scenes. The ideal candidate will be reliable, organised, self motivated, highly organised, demonstrates initiative and has exceptional communication and presentation skills whether you work independently or as a team. The candidate is expected to assist the IT Director in managing the SMASH! website and IT-related issues throughout the year and completing other projects/tasks that the team needs to accomplish.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Development of web-based and client-based software
- Research and technical design of new architectural solutions.
- To some extent, involvement with software, hardware and services procurement
- Advising the IT Director on general technical matters
- Working with others on projects of wider importance to the organisation
- Adapting to new environments, and collaborating on innovative solutions to new challenges.
- Handling any Software Support and edge cases that may arise.
- Ensuring continued performance and operation of the software.
During the convention:
- Deployment and testing of network and system infrastructure, as well as hardware and equipment.
- Monitoring network performance, diagnosing and responding to any issues.
- Assisting other IT staff as required.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Be proficient in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential
- Be available for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Be easily contactable via email & mobile phone
- Have domain-specific technical knowledge
- Be able to work with other team members and departments to build the best possible applications
- Have a good understanding of when to say “NO”.
- Have experience with one (or more) of the following frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Drupal, React, Node.js
- Have high level knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience
- Knowledge and prior experience with CMS, LAMP web development environment, QT, Go, Angular, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon Web Services, Electron.
(!!!) “ Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!”