The SMASH! IT department is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure for the conventions's web presence, internal systems, and organising and maintaining redundant on-the-day network services.
As a sysadmin for SMASH! you will be responsible for ensuring smooth and reliable of the organisation's servers and networks throughout the year, and for configuration and monitoring of services and networks required during the convention itself.
You will also be responsible for provisioning new software and services required by the organision, ensuring that security upgrades are applied in a timely manner, and making performance improvements as required.
This position is also involved with software, hardware and services procurement.
All members of the SMASH! IT team have an important role in advising the IT Director and CTO on general and specific technical matters relating to our areas of expertise. This is a collaborative environment where all team members are part of developing projects and direction within the department.
* Specialised system administration knowledge.
* Can Linux in sleep.
* Experience with deploying a wide range of applications in a wide range of situations.
* High level of availability to handle urgent issues.
* Good understanding of when to say No.
* Prior experience with MicroTik and UniFi hardware desirable.
During the convention:
* Deployment and testing of network infrastructure and equipment.
* Monitoring network performance, diagnosing and responding to any issues.
* Assisting other IT staff as required.
Like ALL positions within SMASH! this is an UNPAID VOLUNTEER position. Even our board of directors and head executives are volunteers!
Linux Gurus and experienced Unix System Administrators wanting to assist in this important aspect of running SMASH! are encouraged to apply.