SMASH! IT is looking for a new System Administrator who will hand in hand with the Marketing department, DPS and IT team members. As a System Administrator, you will be for ensuring smooth and reliable of the organisation's servers and networks throughout the year, and for configuration and monitoring of services and networks required during the convention itself. The candidate is expected to provision the new software and services required by the organisation, ensuring that security upgrades are applied in a timely manner, and making performance improvements as required.This position is also involved with software, hardware and services procurement.
This includes; but is not limited to:
• Work with others on projects of wider importance to the organisation
• Adapt to new environments, and collaborate on innovative solutions to new challenges.
• You will also be part of processes to procure additional hardware, services, and software
• Handling any Application Support and edge cases that may arise
• Ensuring continued performance and operation of the software
• Assisting other IT staff and Departments as required
During the convention:
• Deployment and testing of network infrastructure and equipment
• Monitoring network performance, diagnosing and responding to any issues
• Assisting other IT staff as required
To be considered for the role, you must be:
• Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential
• Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
• Reside in Sydney, Australia
• Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
• Experience in developing new software solutions, debugging and maintaining existing software
• Ability to work with other team members and departments to build the best possible applications
• Specialised system administration knowledge and high proficiency with Linux system (can Linux in sleep).
• Experience with deploying a wide range of applications in a wide range of situations.
• High level of availability to handle urgent issues and good understanding of when to say “NO”.
• Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
• Prior experience with MicroTik and UniFi hardware desirable
**(!!!) “ Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!” **