We are looking for Control Room Assistants to join the Control Room Team of the Operations Department of the SMASH! Family. The Control Room Team is responsible in the development of the Radio Program which comprises all of the OTD communications between the departments of SMASH! They will oversee all communications within SMASH! during the 3 day event, provide technical support when necessary and most importantly relay accurate messages to the relevant departments/personnel OTD.
• Assist in creating, sourcing and completion of the Radio program
• Assistiant with development of radio protocols, radio/communication manual and training exercise
• Coordinate and organise radio distribution and returns with external parties and internal departments
• Assist in managing and checking radios and accessories including testing, battery charges and accountability
• Managing the Control Room including set up, communication radio calls and requests
• General Ad-Hoc Support where necessary
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong ability to multi-task
● Highly Motivated and self-sufficient
● Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
● Previous operational services experience
● Can lift up to 15kgs
● Strong accountability and work ethic
To be considered for this role you must also be:
● Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone)
● Flexible with schedule especially during the weekend
• Available to attend the main event in August.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers we become friends who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and it makes for a wonderful working environment where we foster our professional skills and support each other. We also will offer references after the event that will look great on your resumes! If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, click the express interest button now!