We are looking for Quartermaster Assistants to join the Quartermaster Team of the Operations Department in the SMASH! Family. The Quartermaster team is responsible for the account and management of most of the permanent inventory held by SMASH! They will be sourcing distributing requested and essential equipment to each of the departments prior to the event and OTD. The Quartermaster team will also assist in the setup and pack up of venue over the course of the event weekend.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of planning and organisation skills – especially time management – has strong communication skills, and displays great leadership qualities, be resourceful as well as motivated.
• Assist in the management of the SMASH! off-site storage facility including inventory count before and after weekend and the documentation of inventory
• Assisting in distribution of equipment for department needs including research and procurement of required equipment prior to the event as well as any ad-hoc requests
• Assist in testing and checks of the equipment when required
• Assisting with coordination of venue setup including pack up and down of Q Store (aka inventory room)
• Assist in the electronic tagging of electrical equipment as required OTD
• Assist in procurement of the required printing from the other SMASH! Departments
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong ability to multi-task
● Highly Motivated and self-sufficient
● Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
● Can lift up to 15kgs
● Basic DIY/Craft skills
● Strong accountability and work ethic
● High level of confidence and initiative
To be considered for this role you must also be:
● Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone)
● Flexible with schedule especially during the weekend
• Available to attend the main event in August.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers we become friends who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and it makes for a wonderful working environment where we foster our professional skills and support each other. We also will offer references after the event that will look great on your resumes! If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, click the express interest button now!