SMASH! Marketing is looking for new Copy Writers to work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Director, Head of Written Media and other marketing coordinators. As a Copy Writer you will be writing creative and engaging content and managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention through announcements and social media e.g ads, programming booklets, scripts, announcements. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong competency in oral and written communication skills, has well-developed interpersonal skills, potent capacity for problem solving and is able to perform well under pressure.
The Copy Writer’s core responsibilities include:
Communicating messages to key stakeholders
- Writing creative and engaging new content in English
Helping deliver SMASH!’s Marketing Strategy
- Writing creative and engaging copy for various products e.g ads, programming booklets, scripts, announcements
- Ensuring that the copy is provided in a timely manner to allow coordination with other units
Managing the creation of well written copy that adheres to the brand
- Ensuring all copy is written consistently
- Creating and choosing appropriate images and content to match copy written
- Managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention through announcements and social media.
To be considered for the role, you must
- High Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
- Familiarity with anime and manga consumers and culture
- Creativity and content creation
- Currently studying either creative writing or marketing
- Experience in creating engaging content for consumers
- Experience in following copy guidelines
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"