We are looking for a keen-eyed Photography Coordinator to join the Marketing Department of the SMASH! family.
This position involves managing the photography team and the publishing of images for internal and external use. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well spoken, highly organised and a team player, ideally with previous leadership experience, as well as a strong background in event and studio photography.
• Managing and working closely with a team of photographers to comprehensively document the main event in August, as well as at affiliated events
• Liaising with the rest of SMASH! marketing department for post-event asset deployment and project delivery
• Coordinating with other SMASH! staff and adapting to sudden changes in schedule or last-minute photoshoot requests
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Strong background in event and/or studio photography.
• Previous experience in a managerial role.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong ability to work with others.
• Excellent planning and time management skills.
• Good initiative and ability to work under pressure.
• Access to, or knowledge of, photography equipment and processes.
• Have own transport
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone) i.e. daily email updates
• Flexible with schedule from February - September for regular meetings online and face to face, usually on weekends.
• Available on the 18th, 19th, and 20th of August 2017 to attend the main event
Please submit the following in your portfolio below:
• A portfolio of previous work of 10-15 images, ideally with event, portrait, and/or candid photos, uploaded to a Flickr or Imgur gallery.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!