SMASH! Marketing is looking for new Social Media Assistants to work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Director, Head of Written Media and Head of Social Media. As a Social Media Assistant you will be responsible for creating content and messages through social media outlets to communicate key messages (as directed by Marketing Director, Written Media coordinator and Head of Social Media). The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong competency in oral and written communication skills, has well-developed interpersonal skills and is able to perform and prioritise well under pressure.
The Social Media Assistant's core responsibilities include:
Communicating messages to key stakeholders
- Creating engaging and new content and messages through social media outlets to communicate key messages (as directed by Marketing Director and Written Media coordinator).
- Managing the social media delivery of messages to various stakeholders prior, during and after the convention
Helping deliver SMASH!’s Marketing Strategy
- Posting engaging and creative content through allocated Social Media outlets
- Management of allocated social media outlet
- Engagement with audience with 1 day time limit
Managing the creation of well written copy that adheres to the brand
- Ensuring all copy is written consistently
- Creating and choosing appropriate images and content to match copy written
- Managing the delivery of messages to various stakeholders during the convention through announcements and social media
To be considered for the role, you must
- High Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Require availability for both days of the convention and set up day
- Reside in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable via Email & Mobile phone
- Customer service experiences
- Familiarity with anime and manga consumers and culture
- Knowledge of social media outlets
- Creativity and content creation
- Currently studying either creative writing or marketing
- Experience in creating engaging content for consumers
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"