We are looking for Translators to join the Visual Media team of the SMASH! family. The position will involve translating and transcribing audio and written content, for upcoming film and video projects. As Visual Media is an emerging subsection of the Marketing Department, you will work closely with other members of the Visual Media team to craft high-quality media productions for online and offline publishing channels.
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, an expert at their chosen languages, with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
• Transcribing raw audio, video and written content
• Translating to, and from, English and their proficient language
• Creating subtitles for Youtube, within their video management system
• Working closely with the rest of the SMASH! marketing department to ensure marketing and brand message cohesion
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Business-level proficiency of Japanese, Chinese and/or other languages
• Excellent ability to negotiate cultural nuances and linguistic subtleties
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent planning and time management skill
• Native-level proficiency of Japanese, Chinese and/or other languages
• Working knowledge of the digital media production process, especially Youtube.
• Majoring in International Studies, Marketing or Communications
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone) i.e. daily email updates
• Flexible with schedule from February - September for regular meetings online and face to face, usually on weekends.
• Available to attend the main event in August.
Please provide the following in the Portfolio section of your application:
• a portfolio of your previous work, e.g. from websites, fansubs, scanlations, etcetera, along with comparisons of the untranslated original texts, uploaded to a Flickr or Imgur gallery.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!