SMASH! Marketing is looking for a new Visual Website Coordinator who will work hand in hand with the Marketing Director and Coordinators. As a Visual Website Coordinator, you will be responsible for all aspects of marketing material, aesthetic and accessibility of the SMASH! website, including updating the website information and visuals. The candidate is expected to assist the Marketing Director and Coordinators in management of the SMASH! website’s marketing visuals and content throughout the year.
General visual web staff responsibilities includes; but is not limited to:
• Creating and implementing up to date marketing and promotional materials on the SMASH! website.
• Managing and maintaining the SMASH! website
• Customer service and pre-sales experience
• Developing the SMASH! website, newsletters and blog
• Copywriting for all SMASH! marketing needs
• Constant maintenance, proofreading, editing and creation of content
• Attention to detail with marketing visuals and information being correct and accurate
• Assisting in the management, training and coordination of new staff to the marketing team
• Collaborating with Ticketing to ensure up-to-date details on the FAQ, PSM and API details
• Ensure that all necessary staff are kept up to date with convention details and system updates
To be considered for the role, you must be:
• Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
• Commitment and Expectations:
All Marketing positions will require a strong commitment and online presence
Before the convention, the Marketing team will be contactable by email throughout the year,initiate and attend to projects/meetings and day-to-day tasks.
• Graphic design skills (required to submit portfolio of work. This portfolio must be approved of by marketing head)
• Strong knowledge of copyright and copy writing skills
• Comfortable editing text/HTML documents and with command line
• Can use Markdown & YAML,
• Organisational skills
• Website programming knowledge (Familiarity with some or all of the following: HTML, CSS, PHP, MYSQL)
• Intermediate formatting skills with website content management frameworks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Easily contactable via E-mail & Phone.
• Based in Sydney, Australia
• Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
• A strong motivation and drive to carry out intensive long-term projects
(!!!) “ Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!”