We are looking for a Staff Coordinator to join the People Services Department of the SMASH! Family. The Staff Coordinators will be responsible for co-ordinating recruitment projects, staff well-being and administration tasks.
If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated and open to constructive criticism, has great interpersonal communication skills, good time and stress management skills, takes initiative in tasks and is well organised. HR administration experience is desirable, but not necessary.
• Developing, updating and enforcing department process and policies
• Implementing training plans and programs for Staff needs
• Co-ordinating recruitment cycles for various departments
• General Administrative tasks including updating relevant records, interdepartmental updates and Google Apps access.
• Maintaining confidential personnel records ensuring security and updates.
• Liaising with other departments for staff necessities
• Assisting the Director of People Services in adhoc tasks
A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to take constructive criticism and flexible with thinking
• Strong time management and planning skills to meet deadlines
• Ability to take initiative and work independently to promote SMASH!
• Currently studying Human Resources Management
• Experience in a leadership position supervising and coordinating large groups
• Experience in an administration role
• Proficiency in Excel and other database software
• Ability to plan and foresee long term strategies
To be considered for this role you must also be:
• Contactable and responsive (mainly via email or phone) on a daily basis
• Flexible with schedule from February - September for regular fortnightly meetings/workshops online or otherwise, especially on weekends.
• Available to attend the main event in August.
Please note that this role is for a not-for-profit organisation and means that it is unpaid and the majority of work will be take-home. As volunteers who share a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans and we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event that is a testament to the unique skill and experience you've developed by working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2017, apply now!