SMASH! is look for a new Control Room Coordinator who will work hand in hand and manage the Logistics team. As the Control Room Coordinator you will be responsible for the management of the SMASH! Radio Program and oversee all communications during the event, provide technical support and relay accurate messages to the relevant departments/personnel's on-the-day (OTD).
This includes; but is not limited to:
- Assist in creating, sourcing and completion of the Radio program
- Assistance with development of radio protocols, radio/communication manual and training exercise
- Coordinate and organise radio distribution and returns with external parties and internal departments
- Assist in managing and checking radios and accessories including testing, battery charges and accountability
- Managing the Control Room including set up, communication radio calls and requests
- General Ad-Hoc Support where necessary
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Minimum requirement of at least P1 provisional driving license
- Available for SMASH! Setup day and weekend
- Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Based in Sydney, Australia
- Easily contactable (mainly via email or phone)
- Flexible with schedule from Jan 2018 - August 2018 for regular meetings, online or face to face, especially on weekends.
- Previous operational services experience
- Can lift up to 15kg
- Strong accountability and work ethic
(!!!) “Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!"