SMASH! Ticketing is looking for a new Customer Service Assistant who will work hand in hand with the Customer Service Coordinator and the rest of the Ticketing team.As a Customer Service Assistant, you are the first point of contact for SMASH before, during and after the convention. You will specialise in customer service and the online pre-sales experience, providing assistance to returning or prospective attendees in an effectual and courteous manner. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong competency in oral and written communication skills; works well in a collegial environment; has well-developed interpersonal skills; potent capacity for problem solving; and is able to perform well under pressure. Previous work or volunteering experience, particularly in retail, is greatly desired, but is not essential.
The Customer Service Assistant’s core responsibilities include:
- Handling face-to- face and online customer enquires in a courteous and respectful manner before, during and after the convention
- Assisting with physical pre-convention sales at SMASH! pop-up booths
- Aiding in the development of customer-related ticketing systems
- Collaborating with Marketing and IT to ensure that information on our systems and FAQs are correct and updated appropriately in a timely manner.
To be considered for the role, you must
- Proficiency in written English and a clear and friendly writing style are essential.
- Commitment and Expectations:
- All Ticketing positions will require a strong commitment and online presence
- Highly motivated & Highly developed interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Works well in a team-oriented environment and actively contributes to team discussions in a meaningful manner
- Strong capacity for problem solving
- Able to work well under pressure
- Must be available for both days of the convention and team meetings (i.e. someone not currently undertaking high school studies)
- Previous volunteer or customer service experience is desired, but not essential.
- Strong leadership skills
- Potent sense of initiative
- Strong time management and planning skills
(!!!) “ Please note that this is an unpaid role and the majority of work will be take-home. As a wholly volunteer-run organisation which shares a collective passion for putting together an event for fans by fans, we endeavour to maintain a positive working environment based on team support and fostering professional growth. We offer references after the event as a testament to the unique skills and experiences you will develop through working with SMASH!. If you believe that you have all the skills, knowledge and attributes to be a part of SMASH! 2018, apply now!”